Would you like a stronger, closer relationship with your partner?
Do you have difficulty communicating and understanding each other?
Are you stuck, arguing in circles?
Are you in a good relationship but would like to make it better?
Then This Workshop Is For You
The Gottman Seven Principles Program is based on the book Seven Principles for Making Marriage/Relationship Work, by John M. Gottman Ph.D. and Nan Silver, the master guide for anyone who wants their relationship to attain its highest potential. It teaches couples how to deepen their connection, manage conflict successfully, solve solvable problems, overcome gridlock, and strengthen your relationship. And it is all based on 40 years of research with over 3000 couples.
During the workshop you will work with dynamic exercises that are proven to help couples:
- Improved friendship, fondness, & admiration
- Enhance romance & intimacy
- Manage conflict constructively
- Gain skills to address perpetual and solvable problems
- Create shared meaning
- Maintain gains that last a lifetime
If your relationship is conflicted or distressed, this workshop will teach you the road map you need for repairs. The workshop is led by a trained facilitator of Gottman's Seven Principles Program and couples will come away from the weekend with a binder full of rich resources along with some profound experiences that can absolutely change their relationships for the better.
Who is appropriate for The Seven Principles Program?
The Seven Principles Program is appropriate for couples:
- Contemplating Engagement
- Pre-marital Couples
- Everyone from Newlyweds to Seniors
- Those who wish to enhance a good marriage
- Those needing better conflict management tools
Who is not appropriate for The Seven Principles Program
Psycho-educational classes are not appropriate for all couples, including those with severe relationship distress, significant emotional abuse, domestic violence, active addictions (alcohol, drug, sexual, gambling, etc.), and those with serious mental health problems in one or both partners. In these situations, I would still love to work with you, but couples counseling or individual counseling may be more appropriate for the time being.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will we have to share our personal problems and issues with the class? No. The class does not include sharing problems and issues publicly. Couple's exercises are done privately.
- Must both partners attend or can I come alone? Since the class involves doing exercises together, both partners must participate.
- My partner isn't a reader. Can we still come to the class if he/she won't read the book? Yes, still come to class. While the book provides valuable information, the class lectures will summarize the content of the book. Each person will need the companion workbook however, to do the couple's exercises efficiently.
- Should we do the exercises in the book at home or save them for the class? The class will involve doing some of the exercises from the book so doing them first at home would duplicate some of them. In some cases, the directions for doing the exercises in class have been reviewed and updated from those presented in The Seven Principles book. The Educators also role play how to and how not to do some of the exercises in order to help participants get the most of each exercise. There are some exercises in the book that the class will not have time to do, and couples are encouraged to do them at home after that chapter has been covered in class.
Date & Times:
February 26, 2016 - 5 pm - 9 pm
February 27, 2016 - 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Foundry United Methodist Church
(Fry Road Campus)
10203 Fry Road, Cypress, TX 77429
- The 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work Book by Dr. John Gottman
- Two of the 7 Principles Companion Workbooks, which allow each partner to privately record answers as they apply to one's relationship. It takes users step-by-step through the interactive exercises found in the Principles book
- Engaging Presentation and the opportunity for many private conversations with your partner
- Presenter will be available to give you personal support and guidance
- Light Snacks and drinks will be provided throughout the day or feel free to bring your own. A one hour lunch on Saturday is on your own.
Investment in your Relationship:
Early Bird Registration thru 2/7/16 - $275
Late Registration after 2/7/16 - $325
Prices are per couple!
Foundry UMC Members Early Bird Registration Discount thru 2/7/16 - $225
Foundry UMC Members Late Registration after 2/7/16 - $275
Space is Limited, Sign up Now to Reserve Your Spot!
Your registration fee is non-refundable, but transferable. Once registered, if unforeseen circumstances prevent you from attending the 7 Principles Program Class you registered for, you are welcome to attend another 7 Principles Program Class with Amy Wine within 12 months of the registration date instead. However, if you cancel within 72 hours or fail to show up for the workshop, there will be a $75 transfer fee applied. All classes are enrolled on a first come, first serve basis.